Construction Materials Testing
IMT is the most technically qualified materials testing firm in Central Washington, including the Tri Cities, Yakima, Ellensburg, Moses Lake, Wenatchee and Walla Walla areas. Our facilities, equipment, and personnel are regularly inspected or audited by outside, independent agencies to assure compliance with standards. We are audited approximately every 2 years by the following agencies:
- AMRL (AASHTO Materials reference laboratory)
- CCRL (Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory)
- USACE (United States Army Corp of Engineers)
Based on these audits and our participation in national, independent proficiency sample programs we maintain a nationally recognized accreditation by AASHTO and are validated by the US Army Corp of Engineers. Our accreditation scope covers numerous tests on a wide variety of materials and is unmatched in our industry locally.
ASTM and AASHTO publish standards in each relevant material category and broader standards for agencies engaged in testing and inspection. These standards cover minimum requirements for personnel, facilities, equipment and the agencies quality system. The standards are as follows:
- E329 Standard Specification for Agencies engaged in Construction Inspection and/or Testing
- D3666 Standard Specification for Minimum Requirements for Agencies Testing or Inspecting Road and Paving Materials
- D3740 Standard Practice for Minimum Requirements for Agencies Engaged in the Testing and/or Inspection of Soil and Rock as used in Engineering and Construction
- C1077 Standard Practice for Laboratories Testing Concrete and Concrete Aggregates for Use in Construction and Criteria for Laboratory Evaluation
- C1093 Standard Practice for Accreditation of Testing Agencies for Masonry
- R18 Establishing and Implementing a Quality Management System for Construction Materials Testing Laboratories
We are the only local firm independently accredited to all of these standards.